Jacqueline E. Davis-Rivera
Central to government because they responsible for keeping and making official records and legislation accessible to residents, the clerk’s office is essential. They are often the first and most direct link between residents and government.
For questions or information, please call 708-596-6040, Ext. 3123 or 3118.
At Thornton Township, we are here to serve you.
- Assist clients in finding their voters information.
- Assist our clients in finding resources through collaboration with various
- Social Service Agencies and Community Agencies.
- Registration of qualified voters. Voter registration in School Districts #205 (Thornton, Thornwood and Thornridge) and South Suburban College.
- Distribution of Absentee Ballot Applications.
- Sale of Cook County Vehicle Stickers to residents of Unincorporated areas.
- Issue temporary 90-day Vehicle Placards for disable persons, with a completed application from the Doctor.
- Manages the coordination and distribution of replacement placards.
- Notary Public Documentation (notarizing documents for no charge)
- Sale of Hunting and Fishing licenses, Waterfowl, and Salmon stamps.
- Distribution of manuals and travel information such as bus schedules and brochures.
- Maintain all records and minutes of Township Board Meetings.
- Inform the residents of Thornton Township Meetings through Legal and Public Notices.
- Administer Oaths to all Township Elected Officials.
- Publicizing and conducting Annual Town Meeting required by statue to be held second Tuesday in April of each year. Electors elect a Moderator.
- Assists County Clerk with Election Outreach and Deputy Registrar Classes.
- Acts as the Official Custodian of Thornton Township records.
- Conducts Bid Opening.
- Schedules usage of Township Hall and Meeting rooms, in the South Holland location.